Wednesday, May 20, 2009

TF30042: The database is full. Contact your Team Foundation Server administrator.

Since many days we were facing problems with Low disk space on our TFS machine. I noticed that the LoadTest database Log was around 19Gigs. Till then I was not aware that there is a setting for restricting growth of the Log file. I then moved my mdf and ldf files to a drive with ample space and then restricted the growth of Log not more than 20Gigs.
And subsequently I changed the settings of all the TFS database not to grow exponentially. But the next day I came and tried to start my VSTS, it started givine me the same error
TF30042: The database is full. Contact your Team Foundation Server administrator.
Reading few blogs, I decided to change the Recovery Model of all the database from full to simple. And I was able to use my TFS without any issues after that. Below are the steps
1. Go to properties of the database


2. In Options tab, change Recovery model from Full to Simple.

I read in couple of blogs that it is not advisable to use Full Recovery model for the database which is used for version control.


No comments: