Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Change in PC name, stops Reporting Service 2005

I deployed few reports on my Test Machine with TestMachine. As we wanted to implement a format of PC names, we happened to change the name of the Machine to e.g CompanyTestMachine
Before the rename happened, our system as well as the reports were working properly. Once the name was changed, we started getting error Report Server database not found.
Then I thought to redo the settings of Reporting service so as to change the required settings. On following the steps, I came across a error
User CompanyTestMachine\ASPNet not found
I then tried repairing the Microsoft Framework which didnt help. I ran the aspnet_regiis.exe /i command which also didn't help. I read many blogs but couldn't find a way out so I ended up renaming the machine to its original name.
I am still searching for a solution to this problem, if someone reading this has one I would appreciate if you could share it with me.

No comments: